10.31.2010

Impulse

A girl and a boy have a conversation on Facebook. 
1- Trick or Treat
2-t reat treat treat
1- dang 
2- here's the thing
ahem
here's the thing
1- wait, where
2- I have to write a dialogue between two people about anything i want .....
but i don't know what i want
1- women never seem to so that's not too surprising
2- don't worry, no offense taken
1- Haha I didn't think so... SO what are your ideas
2- you see that's the thing..
i have none
1- Ahhhhhhh
2- MAYBE i should just copy and paste this conversation.
1- Haha that would be so smooth. I mean it does fit the criteria. A dialogue. Between two people. I'm a person, you're a person
2- Oh my gosh you're right. Now i'm being all careful about what I say to you cause I think I'm actually going to go with that idea. Facebook is so helpful.
1- So what should I say?
2- Say whatever you want to say I guess...
1- Well I'd like to say that the Jazz destroyed tonight
and that I went Ice Skating last Friday and it was great
2- Let it out, anything you want my fellow bloggers to know. p.s. I'm happy for you.
1- Well in that case, I'd like to thank my parents for allowing me to survive 19 years
2- Haha, and I'd like to thank my parents for being brave enough to try again after having my older brother. Lucky for them, they got me.
1- That is lucky isn't it. I'd like to un-thank my parents for succeeding four more times after me
2-I'm sorry about those four times. Make the best of them. Well, this should complete my assignment. So... I'll probably keep talking to you. Just know that this is over.
1-No, I'm not finished yet!!!
Okay, now I am

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I've read about 12 of these and this is my favorite one so far. I'm glad some of you aren't afraid to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Beat
    Wait... What's supposed to go on here again?
    ...
    ...
    Oh. I remember.
    Action: Character 2 wants to know what to write about for their Impulse post.
    Conflict: Writer's block... maybe? Maybe not... who's one to say really.
    Event: Character 2 receives a revelation and completes the Impulse assignment by copy and pasting the Facebook conversation.
    Changes: Well for starters, maybe it would have been better if I got past my writer's block, and actually created a dialogue from my imagination. Or, I could have made the conversation more interesting than the concept, and discussed funnier/weirder/ more abnormal topics.
    Well, that's all for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. You really don't need to change that much. The conflict is great: writer's block. I have to create a dialogue between two INTERESTING characters and I can't think of anything.

    Okay, so what does character one want? Let's say this: character one wants character two. And character two doesn't want character one. So when she's talking about the assignment, he's talking about her.

    The event (the decision that she's going to post this conversation as her assignment) happens pretty early on. Maybe you could delay that until later in the scene.

    I'm rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh oh!!! And maybe she turns him down in the conversation and so then he doesn't want her to post the scene because it will embarrass him. Yes! Yes! Yes!

    (Okay, I'll shut up now.)

    ReplyDelete